In present we have hundreds of electronics gadgets to play our favorite musics. But ask any true audiophile and you will heard about the record player or gramophone as the best way to listen musics. After so many years, the popularity of this classic music device is increasing. It has been found that the sale of vinyl LP’s has increased 49-50% than the previous years. So you may consider yourself lucky if you have inherited a turntable from your father or grandfather. But if your father has sold his turntables along with the classic collections, there is no need to be sad anymore. Fortunately, in present there are production of new record players with many modern features. You can buy them or an old one from any garage sells. So, here are the tips to guide you to buy the best record player.
- First decide the reason of buying the record player. Decide whether you want to buy it for listening music or to fulfill your desire to become a DJ. Ask yourself and decide this first as these two motive completely requires the different way of choosing the player.
- Learn about the record player. Have the basic knowledge about the pinth, types of drive, catridge and there types and functions. Always prefer the branded products as they can guarantee you the quality, performance and service of their products. Do a little research on the brands,their products and facilities. Learn to differentiate between them.
- Choose the type of player you want. You should decide whether it is direct drive or belt drive, the type of catridge according to your purpose. It will be better to avoid the belt type if you are buying an old one. Again, for deejaing purpose, choose the direct drive player. it will give you the chance to get up to speed very quickly. Again make sure you give more attention on choosing the catridge. You should keep in mind that the stylus has the most impact on the sound produced by the player. So choose the best catridge to have a great sound.
- Decide the features you want. Modern players offer variety of features such as USB ports, variety of playback speed systems, tone-arm cueing systems etc. Learn these features and choose accordingly. For example, if you are a beginner user then automatic cue system will be best for you. This feature will ease the use of the delicate stylus for you. Again, if you want to use it for a DJ party, Anti-shock stabilization system will prove to be helpful.
- Now fixed your budget. The features on the player largely depends on how much money you can spend. High budget will give you a lot of variety of choices and the freedom to buy the modern featured players of your choice. Whereas a low budget will simply restricted you to a limited types. So, budget according to your desired features.
- Always go for the players with replaceable parts. So that you can change any broken or worn parts.As a result you do not need to expense your earning just to buy a new player. Simply replace it and start listening the music.
- Ask expert help. Always take your expert friend or colleague while buying. They can certainly help in choosing the right products. Besides, ask the store clerks. They have the most knowledge on their products and guide you to have the best one.
- Inspect your player before buying. After you have chosen the player, make sure you examine the player and check all the equipments. It is very important if you are buying an old player. Check whether the all parts are fully functional.If you find any fault immediately tell it to the store clerks or the responsible person.
- Purchase a pre-amp. Record players produce weaker audio signal than CDs or MP3 players. That is why you will need a pre-amp to boost the player to line level. You will get better sound this way. Now-a-days many record player has built in pre-amp. Just check the options and decide the type.
- Buy record cleaning equipments. You should keep in mind that dust is the greatest enemy of you record collection. Make sure you properly take care of your records. Contact local suppliers and have your own kit to clean the records. This kit should include a felt, record cleaning fluid (basically distilled water, isopropyl alchohol and detergent), anti-static record sleeves and anti-static plate pad.
- Buy powerful speakers. To upgrade your listening experience make sure you have good pair of sound speakers. this will literally improve the sound quality and give you a pleasant experience in using a turntable.
Now you know the ways of having the best record player. Just take a seat, grab your pen, do a little research and write down all your criteria. Go to the shop or order online. Make sure to choose quality product all the way and you can have the best music experience with your very own record player.